Saturday, January 12, 2008

Entry for 1/12/2008. So far, so good.

Hi! Thanks for checking in.

Well, so far I like Google Blogger. I like it a lot. I prefer not to make Yahoo bashing a vocation, but they really need to do some serious work on their products, and on their customer service. Google has talent and enthusiasm. Google has pride. At least for now, Google is doing most things right. Google wants to be (or remain) the best.

I will continue porting all of my blog entries from Yahoo over to Google Blogger. Once that is completed, I will maintain both sites in parallel. After giving Yahoo a fair chance for redemption, I will decide what to do.

I am not new to the online world. In the early to mid 1980’s when modems were dialup 300 baud, I was cruising what could be found. 1200 baud, 2400 baud, 9600 baud, as the technology changed I went along for the ride. Compuserve, AOL, and a host of others trapped me in their webs and left me hanging. A friend I met online back in the 1980’s is the most tech savvy person I know. He suggested I give Google a go. For me, Google now is the best game in town.

Hope you stop in again soon.

James A. Zachary Jr.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Welcome to Google, Zack.