Thursday, May 7, 2009

Stay out of Lake County, Illinois



There are much nicer places to live and raise a family. Lake County has once again raised property taxes. They say my modest little three-bedroom home is now worth $330, 000. The politicians and the assessor all are totally freaking nuts; the house currently would sell only for roughly HALF that amount. Unlike banks and other lending institutions, politicians are not required to “mark to market.” I now pay just over $8,000 a year in taxes, 68% of it goes to public schools. Our taxes should have gone DOWN! Maybe the Lake County Board should reconsider that PAY RAISE they recently voted for themselves.

It frustrates me when it comes time to vote because many elected officials are running unopposed. When possible, I vote against incumbents unless they have a pro Second Amendment record and have shown some fiscal restraint. The majority of Lake County residents DO NOT VOTE so don’t ever think that elected officials are accountable.

According to Thirdpower, 90 of the 102 Illinois counties have passed the 2A Resolution. It FAILED to pass in Lake County, Illinois.

Lake County, Illinois sucks.


2 comments:

Crustyrusty said...

COOK county sucks, too. That's why I left and never went back.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Hey Crustyrusty, thanks for stopping in. Can't blame ya for moving out of Cook County, glad to hear you made it out ... I lived there for a year but had to move because they made some of my guns illegal, so it was back to Lake County for me. If property values ever recover, I'm heading to a lower tax, pro-gun state.