Monday, May 11, 2009

Still shopping


Well, I am making very little headway in getting enough .38 Super ammo to
break in the new pistol. There was a stray box of 50 Remington FMJ in my cache, and I was able to score 54 rounds of Glaser Safety Slugs. Another 250 rounds of Remington was on order from CTD but AGAIN it fell through. I’m going to see if I can order a case through one of the local gun stores.

The price of Glaser ammo has always been high, but it has not gone up by much (if any) during the “ammo bubble.” I am skeptical of the “stopping power” claims for the Glaser line, but do feel that the safety slug aspect may have some merit. The loads I bought are all from the same lot so I’ll shoot half of them to see how they function and then keep the other half for contingencies. Glasers can be a bit edgy on pressure so I will be looking at the spent casings for bulges and primer flow.

It is hard to believe that gun owners have cleared ammo shelves all across the USA. It is a shame that we couldn’t get all of those same gun owners to
vote last November. If they had, maybe they would not now feel the need to stockpile ammo. Even if they could not stomach McCain for President, they could have at least voted to dump many of the anti-gunners from Congress. IMHO, the anti-gunners now firmly control Congress because many gun owners stayed home.

I wonder how many gun owners will bother to vote
in November of 2010.



2 comments:

Jason said...

I will keep my eyes open out here for some 38 Super for you. Luckily, I stocked up a long time ago on the calibers I shoot but I still pay attention to what's available!

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Hey Jason, thanks, I really appreciated it.