Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How dare I say that Illinois politicians are corrupt?

.
Perhaps some substantiation is called for. Here is a primer.


Click here for a December 9, 2008 MSNBC article, “Illinois has a long legacy of public corruption.”

Click here for a December 11, 2008 Time article, “A Brief History of Illinois Corruption.”

Click here for a December 13, 2008 Slate article, “Which state is the most crooked, Illinois or Louisiana?”

Click here for a December 15, 2008 Wall Street Journal article, “Obama was mute on Illinois corruption.”  Ironically, our President later lectured Hamid Karzai about cleaning up Afghanistan’s government corruption.

A corrupt government cannot stop government corruption.  Only the voters can.

3 comments:

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas County,
I have known and despised the name 'Daily' for as long as I could read history. The new issue is as Corrupt as the early ones.
Some folks claim I didn't want to vote for Obama because he is black. They ask me what other reason I could have for not liking the man.
Others who did vote for him express disappointment and ask "what happened?"
To both I answer with the same question,
"Did you realise President Obama is a Chicago Democrat?"
Is it really nessary to say anything else?

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

In all fairness, our Republican politicians are just as corrupt as our Democrat politicians ;)

Republican governor George Ryan, the governor before Democrat Blagojevich, is in federal prison.

As a rule, it probably is best not to trust any politician from Illinois...

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
I understand what you are saying. Tonight Helene and I watched the debate of Republicans that want to be our next Governor.
Pray for Texas!