Monday, January 24, 2011

Here is another happy shout out for Shepard Chevrolet in Lake Bluff, Illinois.

.

I’ll be darned if our 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt did not let us down this weekend. On Saturday night, the safety micro-switches on the shifter decided to go bad and prevent me from removing the ignition key. The key would turn past the accessory position, but no further. I thought everything electrical was shut off, but apparently with the key in that position there was still some sort of high-tech brain drain on the brand new battery; it was not only stone dead the following morning, it was frozen. It took many hours of gentle coaxing for me to thaw it out and get it recharged (I have one of those ultra sophisticated “smart chargers”) I left the charger on the battery until this morning, started the Cobalt up, then drove directly to my favorite Chevy service center. As usual, they made me feel as if I was their most important customer, took me in without an appointment, and swapped out the broken shifter assembly with a new one they had in stock. I was back on the road in less than 90-minutes with only a marginally lighter wallet. They sure know how to treat people right, even those of us who don’t have a lot of money.

.

2 comments:

THE FISHING MUSICIAN said...

Good for you!

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
I envy you, places like this are far too rare. I had a man in Houston I swear could tell me what was wrong as I pulled in. Saddly, he passed away as the year we moved.

Older cars I can work on, but anything with a computer in it I have to walk away.