Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blog knife meme



The knife in my pocket is a USA made Schrade Old Timer… because I am an old timer.  It has been my pocketknife for somewhere over 30-years.  Today if you see one for sale in a store, it is from China, which is where the jobs went.

There are still plenty of good pocket folders made in the USA.  We need the jobs.  Buy American!


 

I also carry one of those multi-fangled-tool gadgets, but that is on my belt and the meme did specify “in your pocket.”

2 comments:

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
I'm pretty hard on knives. Even the good ones break tips. And sometimes, they go missing.

What I have managed to hang on to is a 'pen' knife that belonged to my grandfather. I still have it because I don't carry it. It stays in a drawer at home.

On the other hand I still have the Smith and Wesson Model 10 I bought less than a week after my twenty first birthday.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Heh, I too have lost many over the years. The reason I did not open the knife for the photo is that the blades show their age and use... the spear point blade tip broke long ago and the carbon steel blades are all stained.