Monday, September 19, 2011

I totaled the amount of federal, state, and local taxes I paid so far in my lifetime.

.

I did it on a whim and doing so gave me an arrogant sense of entitlement.  Now I want the government to mow my lawn, paint my house, and kiss my ass. 

Politicians really do suck.  They are not public servants; they are self-serving parasites.  Republicans want to do nothing when they should do something, and Democrats want to do something when they should do nothing. 

A high school student recently bragged to me that he would be earning a million dollars a year by the time he retired.  I smiled at him and said that by the time the government inflates this debt away, a million dollars a year would be the minimum wage. 

.

2 comments:

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
Your right about inflation and price hikes. The best example I have is the Datsun 240, a really nice car. It had a long list of features that would usually have cost big bucks, that were standard on the car. It was introduced when I was in high school, don't recall the year. It first sold for under $3,000.00 new if memory serves me correctly.

Price a new car today. Even a botton of the line new car.

Steve said...

You have a way with words.