Monday, September 19, 2011

Three years of abstinence

.


Traditionally I blog on September 5 to note another year has passed since I walked away from my old friend, demon tobacco.  This year that date came and went without a thought.  During my walk this evening, I decided to jog for a while and noticed that I did not become winded; running felt natural.  It was enjoyable.  That event reminded me how long it has been since I had a smoke.

Should fate bless me with another 21 years on this earth, my association with cigars will resume and I plan to continue that friendship until the end of my days.  Until then I need to make the most out of what is left of this ambulatory old carcass of mine. 

.

4 comments:

woodsrunner said...

Congrats on quitting. I celebrate every year. My quit date was july 4,1998. I still have my last cigarette in my tool box. Any time I feel like doing something stupid, I go dig it out and remind myself about doing stupid things.

The only thing I really miss is a good Dominican cigar with a glass of bourbon. Especially when sitting in front of a fire after a day hunting.

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
It makes my day to read this Zack. I have had so many friends try to quite over the years and always start over again.
It's great to hear about someone who made it.

Mark said...

Congrats Zack, that's awesome man!

Crustyrusty said...

Good job, Zack... My quit date was May 29, 2007. Thank God I don't miss it.