Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Blogging to you live from high atop a new 13-inch MacBook Pro



My strategic budget plan needed alteration shortly after my previous blog post.

The final error message from my old Toshiba was “YOUR MOTHERBOARD IS SMOLDERING.  FOR YOUR SAFETY AND COMFORT, PLEASE REMOVE THE COMPUTER FROM YOUR LAP AND DO NOT INHALE UNTIL THE ROOM IS ONCE AGAIN SMOKE FREE.”

The new MacBook is paid for, but now it will be a bit before I save enough for new furniture that I promised.  My cash and carry lifestyle is a bit inconvenient at times, but it keeps the wolves from my door.

This is my first Apple purchase.  In fact, the last Apple computer I did any work with was an Apple IIe.  When I mentioned that to the store sales geek his response was "whazzat?" 

It has been a long strange trip down the silicon road for me.  The first computer I bought was a Sinclair ZX81, which was just before the Timex Sinclair.  Then Commodore, then on to a string of MS-DOS boxes (anyone remember the 8086 processor?).  The many MS-Windows I had for personal and professional use were good enough and got the job done but the time is right for a change.  I’ve decided to move on to the world of the Apple… just don’t expect to find me lounging around Starbucks.


1 comment:

Steve said...

Congrats on your move to the dark side, Zack. And yes, I'll expect to see you at Starbucks any day now.