Tuesday, December 27, 2011

News to help you snooze



It was time for me to get a haircut today; it was 13-weeks since the last one.  I wish I could say that I look human again, but I don’t.

Stretching our cash and carry budget to the limits, we picked out a new all-leather sofa and loveseat for the living room, paid for them, and had them delivered today.  The cats did not want to let go of the 13-year-old raggedy furniture but it was nice for us to see it hauled away.  We had to settle for furniture made in China; we could not find anything we wanted that was USA made and NOT priced far beyond our means.  We did, however, buy from a local independent rather than from a high volume national chain.

The many expert predictions of “THE WORST CHICAGO WINTER EVER!” so far have been unfulfilled.  The benchmark winter of 1978-1979 began around Thanksgiving, so we have some serious catching up to do before the experts can thump their chests in victory.  2011 was the greenest Chicagoland Christmas I can remember.





3 comments:

Ruth said...

We're currently on record for the greenest Dec ever here, though thats about to change (assuming the weather folks are right.....) as we're supposed to get several inches of snow tomorrow.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Wishing you the best of weather...

We are supposed to have daytime highs above freezing for the next couple of days... rain instead of snow.

Take care, Ruth.

Zack

Pumice said...

The way I save money on haircuts is by only going when my wife makes an appointment for me. How does that save money? It is cheaper than a divorce.

Grace and peace.