Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Currently downloading 1.34 GB of Mac OS X Update Combined



Wow, that’s a big one.  I had hoped to have a long respite from wrestling with large updates.  Yesterday was spent dueling with a long-time problem that had plagued my wife’s Toshiba and its Windows 7 OS; update was broken so downloading and installation attempts failed repeatedly, generating code 80072EE2 and 800B100 errors.  Solutions offered by Microsoft et al did not work, or only worked a little.  It was a day of munging and kludging before her system was again safe and sound.  Her system is only one-year-old and we had hoped that new hardware with Windows 7 would be a fresh start after we gave up trying to salvage her previous Toshiba / Vista system.  I am more than a bit disappointed.

We shall see if my MacBook can swallow this big fish without all sorts of floundering. 


6 comments:

Steve said...

I installed that update a few days ago . . . no problem. But don't panic when the screen goes blank for a couple of minutes during the reboot.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Thanks for that tip or I would suffer an anxiety attack.

Another couple of hours to finish the download then I get to cross my fingers and toes while it intalls.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Installation went very well. Downloading took longer than expected; I had to restart the downoad a couple of times when progress dropped to nil but that may have been my buggy connection rather than a problem with the Mac.

All in all, no complaints.

Crustyrusty said...

Dude.

Linux.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Hey Rusty! Long time no see!

Crustyrusty said...

Still here, bro. Lurking, mostly, workin' the 10 acres and getting things squared away.