Thursday, March 8, 2012

Another nearby shooting


Directly east of my house about 5-minutes if traffic is heavy.  It sounds like a 29-year-old guy is dead because of some sort of confrontation in the parking lot area of a local Burger King.   I quit shopping in that area years ago because of such problems, although, on an errand for a neighbor, I did drive by that very site around noon today.

If you want to really know about crime in your area, invest in a police-radio-scanner.  It took roughly 2.5-hours from when I heard the call on the police-scanner until local Fox News posted the story.  Often these shootings go unreported by the media.  Shootings in this area used to wait until after sundown; this one was broad daylight, around 5:00 p.m. 

Gun-free Illinois is famous for its high annual body counts although only a very few of the many folks who I know realize how much violent crime there is within minutes of where they live.  No laws are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and Illinois cannot afford to keep enough prisons open to keep the punks off the streets.


1 comment:

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
This reminds me of when Helene and I first came to Central Texas from Houston. The first few nights we had trouble sleeping because no one was shooting.

I have no interest in ever going back.