Thursday, March 15, 2012

I voted today.


Today was the last day for early voting in the Illinois primary, so I took advantage of it.   I doubt that next Tuesday will be anywhere near “super,” but if it is, I will not be part of that crowd.  It was surprising to see that I wasn’t alone at the polling place during the last hour of the last day for early voting.  I do need to call attention to the fact that ALL of us had to show a photo-ID before we were given ballots.  It has been that way as long as I can remember and I sure do NOT understand why it is okay here but not elsewhere.


1 comment:

Pumice said...

Out here in the People's Republik they know that if ID was required they would not win so easily. I hope what you have spreads.

Recently we had all new people at our polling place. I saw one of the old stand-bys and he said that the people who had served for years and knew people by sight were not invited back.

I wonder why?

Grace and peace.