Monday, March 12, 2012

Life can be taxing


Due to scheduling conflicts (retirement is harder work than most would think, especially for retirees as dirt-lazy as I am) and my battles with a recurring flu-bug, I was not able to get my taxes done as early this year as I normally would.  It was a mild surprise to find that I get a refund this year.  I prefer to pay at the end of each year since I detest the idea of giving the government an interest free loan, but there were complications this year that skewed my estimates.  In any case, it is always good to cross taxes off my list of things to do.  I will sleep well knowing that my tax dollars will in part pay for contraception that people deserve, so they can all go get screwed.  Do it for the children! 


1 comment:

Steve said...

I am also running late on doing taxes this year, but primarily because I owe money to Uncle Sam and am not motivated to pay early. While I also prefer to pay rather than get a refund, my calculations were not accurate this year and I owe much more than expected. That's not fun.