Sunday, March 4, 2012

Under the weather 3/4/12


In an attempt to use this blog as some sort of personal journal in lieu of it exclusively being an eclectic personal rant, I entered that I was feeling poorly on 2/7/2012.  Just for the tally sheet, I have again succumbed to a flu bug of some sort, only this time I can attribute my malaise to familial bio-terrorism.  Yes, being a Grandpa can be hazardous to one’s health.  When my lovely Granddaughter was too sick for school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of last week, my Daughter brought the oozing little darling over for me to watch.  I should have suspected there was a conspiracy when the child insisted on using MY pillow to sleep on.  Their plot was efficacious; by Friday the flu symptoms were again building in me.  Yesterday and today I have been wretchedly sick.

NOTE TO SELF:  Opt to take the flu shots next year.


3 comments:

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
I have a double threat. Helene still substitutes and collect the latest plag from school so I don't miss out.

Then (as James said) the ozzing, drooling grandchildren come out with the stronger strains.

I am doomed!

Glenn B said...

Feel better soon.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Thanks guys.


The sore throat came into full bloom yesterday. The cough seems to be moderating. I called the doctor this morning and spent so long on hold that I gave up. Maybe I'll call later.