The Preacherman says, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to shoot." The Gunman says, "My advice to you is to get yourself a Bible and learn how to pray."

TRIGGER WARNING: Guns have triggers.

REQUISITE DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country-miles away from your tastes and your needs. Any products, places, and / or whatnots that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, freebies, products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or any flavor of sexual favor for doing any review.

EU TRACKING COOKIE NOTICE: Google bakes those scrumptious cookies and everything Google cooks usually means something related is up for sale. We appreciate our many visitors from inside and outside of the USA and feel obligated to mention that YOUR RESPECTIVE GOVERNMENTS MAY KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE and they may not approve of you perusing the blog entries regarding GUNS ... KNIVES ... SELF-DEFENSE ... CORRUPT POLITICIANS ... SELF-SERVING ROGUE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ... GOVERNMENT SPYING ON CITIZENS ... Human Rights ... Freedom of Speech ... Life ... Liberty ... Pursuit of Happiness ... all that kind of stuff.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Archive from May 19, 2007

Entry for May 19, 2007

So it will soon begin, yet another chapter. July will capture my 55th birthday, and an "early" retirement shortly thereafter. It would seem that with 34 years in the same business, with 30 consecutive years with the same employer, the word "early" would not apply. Since retirement age is usually thought of as "60 something,” most would consider my situation a true early retirement. I often felt it would not be early enough. My Social Security records have me paying benefits since I was 15; 40 years in the work force. I had been working since age 12 but paid nothing to Social Security before age 15. Not a bad sum, 43 working years out of 55.

Financially retirement should work out. I have always felt credit card debt to be one of the great obstacles to financial security. To me a credit card is a tool, a free loan that must be paid in full at the end of each month. Instead of me paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to card companies, they pay me at least a few hundred dollars each year in rebates. My pension should be adequate. Hopefully the savings and investments will not be needed for living expenses.

The official moment I leave my employer will be August 3, 2007. The last page of this chapter will turn at the end of that day. Hoping for many crisp new empty pages to fill. The website is up; the horizon holds enough freelance work to keep me sane, my health is not too bad. Life is what it is, and the time to move on is near.

Thanks for listening.

James A. Zachary Jr.

No comments: