The Preacherman says, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to shoot." The Gunman says, "My advice to you is to get yourself a Bible and learn how to pray."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRIGGER WARNING: Guns have triggers.

REQUISITE DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country-miles away from your tastes and your needs. Any products, places, and / or whatnots that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, freebies, products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or any flavor of sexual favor for doing any review.

EU TRACKING COOKIE NOTICE: Google bakes those scrumptious cookies and everything Google cooks usually means something related is up for sale. We appreciate our many visitors from inside and outside of the USA and feel obligated to mention that YOUR RESPECTIVE GOVERNMENTS MAY KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE and they may not approve of you perusing the blog entries regarding GUNS ... KNIVES ... SELF-DEFENSE ... CORRUPT POLITICIANS ... SELF-SERVING ROGUE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ... GOVERNMENT SPYING ON CITIZENS ... Human Rights ... Freedom of Speech ... Life ... Liberty ... Pursuit of Happiness ... all that kind of stuff.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Smith & Wesson Model 66-3



I have always liked K-frame Smith & Wesson revolvers, although it was the opinion of many that the
.357 magnum load was a bit much for the design. The S&W Model 19 was a favorite of many lawmen and of many civilian enthusiasts; the S&W Model 66 is the stainless steel version of the Model 19. The 66-3 designation indicates design tweaks to delay development of cylinder end-shake, and of the elimination of the recessed cylinder.

So far, my old revolver is still tight and there is no sign of stress on the forcing-cone or of flame cutting to the top-strap from my occasional use of magnum loads. I usually practice with
.38 Special cartridges, and the 158-grain +P semi-wadcutter hollowpoints are my choice for home defense. This long barreled revolver is very fast and accurate with the .38 Special cartridges.

I haven’t cared to research what year my 6’’ S&W Model 66-3 left the factory. When I acquired it, it had gone through more than a couple of previous owners. The trigger may not be what it came with from the factory, and there is a gun-vice gouge on the frame from a bad gunsmith. The
Pachmayr grips fit my hand perfectly. I don’t fancy it to be a concealed carry choice, but it sure makes a darn good belt-gun with the Uncle Mike’s holster shown in the photo. The reload wallet contains twelve .357 magnum cartridges, six are Remington 125-grain full power loads (Remington used to sell a 125-grain reduced power load years ago), and six are 110-grain Winchester loads.

Click here for R.K. Campbell’s review; “Smith & Wessons Best Pistol”

Click here for Xavier’s review of the S&W Model 19


1 comment:

stone_ruby said...

Looking for a Smith Model 66 k frame reasonably priced stainless steel 2/1/2 inch barrel

EMAIL

Glenn @ gapco@windstream.net

THANKS