Sunday, February 17, 2013

The ever-practical ElZetta ZFL-M60 tactical flashlight

My pocket ElZetta is the low-profile bezel, two-battery-cell version, with the clicky off/on, twisty high/low tailcap. 


Why did I purchase ElZetta ZFL-M60 flashlights?  I hate to waste words when someone else says something better than I can; Grant Cunningham ‘splains it best.

I will offer that I am a practical person; I am not a tactical person.  If I don’t find something to be practical, I won’t spend my money on it no matter how fashionably tactical it may be.  The ElZetta ZFL-M60 is a premium flashlight, made in the USA.  With ElZetta, you do get what you pay for.  I have a house full of the inexpensive flashlights that activate via a click-shake-rattle-and-whack.  While those are fine for general use, there is always an occasion when I need instant gratification from my portable illumination.  During the many years before ElZetta, I did not find the “premium flashlights” to be any better than the cheap brands.  Finally, technology and craftsmanship have caught up with the hype.

Decades ago, if some marauding varmint required nighttime remediation, a cheap flashlight was fastened to a shotgun with friction tape and hose clamps, using a hand-carved block of wood as an offset spacer.  Today, courtesy of the ElZetta ZSM mount, such improvisations are not required.  On one of my Mossberg personal defense shotguns is the low-profile bezel, three-battery-cell version, with the clicky off/on, twisty high/strobe tailcap, shown perfectly positioned for thumb-activation when my hand is on the slide.




No comments: