DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I have no opinion on what you should / should not purchase or what you should be using / doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country miles away from your tastes and needs. Any products, places, and / or thingies that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, "freebies," products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or sexual favors (of any flavor) for doing any review.
The Preacher said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to use it."


Monday, June 17, 2013

Waukegan Assault Weapons Ban ordinance update 6/17/2013


Richard Pearson of the Illinois State Rifle Association phoned me today to let me know about the proposed Waukegan Assault Weapon Ban ordinance (first I had heard of any such thing was yesterday) and that the City Council had it on the agenda for tonight, and that pro-Second Amendment folks should attend the meeting and let their feelings be known.

There was not a huge turnout, but not bad especially considering the lack of press.   I counted 10 speakers against the ordinance and nobody spoke in favor of it.  Joan Schrank of Waukegan's historic Schrank’s Smoke'n Gun shop received rousing applause after she made her comments.  Comments made by community activist Keith Turner were also very well received.  A couple of aldermen also spoke against the proposed ordinance. The others in the gallery who did not speak publicly did seem to be mostly second amendment supporters.  Mayor Wayne Motley did not call it for a vote and sent it back to the Public Safety Committee.  It's not over until it is over.


No comments: