Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tossing my gun magazines into the recycling bin


Pistol magazines, rifle magazines, and some shotgun magazines are being tossed, probably close to a hundred of them so far. It is amazing how much stuff we accumulate over the years. 

I suppose I could have tried to sell them on eBay or at a trade show, but I just do not have the time.  Once I have cleared the basement of all the old gun magazines, then I’ll work my way through the other stacks of magazines, such as Field and Stream, National Geographic, Popular Mechanics, Playboy, etc.  My reading today is almost all done online, and I need the basement space more than I need the pulp archives.


4 comments:

THE FISHING MUSICIAN said...

Five years ago I would've sent you the cash and the boxes and told you just to mail them all to me.

But last year I did the same thing you're doing, except I did pull a few choice issues of various mags and sell them on ebay. The ones I put on there sold quick and I made some Christmas cash.

I haven't had any second thoughts even though some of the magazines were 40 years old...

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

This project has taken much more time than I figured. Rare is the magazine that I don't page through (or re-read cover to cover) one last time. Some great writers graced those pages.

Pumice said...

For a moment I thought you had lost your mind, then I realized you were talking about magazines made of paper, not the kind that hold ammunition.

Carry on.

Grace and peace.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Well, yeah, there was just a WEE bit of mischief in my choice of words.

Rest assured, I am just clearing out some room in the basement SO I CAN STORE MORE OF THEM BIGGER BETTER HIGH CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES ;)