05/01/2024 - BLOG COMMENTS are allowed and are moderated to exclude only the bots, advertisements, racial / ethnic pejoratives, and embedded links. I'll attempt to honor Chicago's historical "Bughouse Square" concept of free-speech and open debate --- spanning the curve from the far-left to the far-right. /JZ
Blogging to you from the Northeastern Badlands of The County of Lake, in the state currently known as Fatmanistan, DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP inside the heartland of the Banana Republic formerly known as the USA, WELCOME TO THE NEXT CHAPTER! WARNING! ALL FORMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA ARE ADDICTIVE; EXCESSIVE USE MAY LEAD TO MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS, REDUCED JOB PRODUCTIVITY, INSOMNIA, SOCIAL ALIENATION, GENITAL ULCERS, BLINDNESS, POLITICAL EROTICISM, AND / OR DEVIANT FUNAMBULISM. NOTICE: NO GUNS OR AMMUNITION ARE FOR SALE VIA THIS BLOG. (No, I will not trade my Colt Python for some lubricious adventures with your trophy wife and a future first-round draft pick.) CAVEAT: This blog is not suitable for viewing while at work, while inside a public library, while inside any public or private school, or while inside any public or private restroom. Do not view this blog while driving a motor vehicle or while piloting an aircraft. Viewing this blog may be illegal inside the EU, NYC, Chicago, Seattle, and other parts of the Third World. THIS BLOG CONTAINS (albeit often very childish) ADULT-CONTENT. DISCLAIMER: This blog is a hobby, it is not a livelihood. Even though much of what I blog about relates to firearms collecting and recreational shooting, I am not an expert (by any measure) on any facet of guns, shooting, hunting, or personal defense. Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats or post hunt bourbon-fueled barroom-bluster; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be rugged-country-miles away from your tastes and your needs. All products, places, and miscellany that I review for this blog are purchased / rented / leased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, freebies, products on loan, distilled spirits, recreational pharmaceuticals, plea-bargains, probation, parole, Papal Blessings, Presidential Pardons, or sexual favors for doing any review or blog post. TRACKING COOKIES: Google et al stick tracking cookies on everybody. If you are online, you are being spied on via one method or another, for one reason or another; 'nuff said. You may be able to minimize your online DNA residue by using Tor and Duck Duck Go. Vive la liberté! Vive all y'all! Ante omnia armari. To each of you, thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Illinois State Police writing tickets for air fresheners

This is a reminder to travelers having a concealed firearm carry permit. When traveling through Illinois you best unload and stow your weapon or face felony charges that could permanently cost you your permit, among other things that you hold dear.

If you choose to ignore Illinois law, what are your chances of being caught? In view of the number of criminals in Illinois who pack heat with impunity, your chances of being caught are probably slim. However, the Illinois State Police are pulling people over for no other reason than having air fresheners hanging from their rearview mirrors; such stops are up 91% since 2004. Once the police pull you over for any infraction, you may have trouble keeping them from searching you and your car. If you don’t believe me,
CLICK HERE for an enlightening Chicago Tribune article. Even if you don’t have anything hanging from your rearview mirror, police are pulling motorists over for having GPS units stuck to their windshields. Anything a given cop says obstructs your view is grounds for him to make a stop. Welcome to my world. There are so many criminals in Illinois that the police and the politicians consider everyone a suspect.

My advice to travelers is to avoid Illinois every chance they get.
Boycott Illinois. Boycott Chicago. Let the world know why you are doing it.



4 comments:

  1. Knew quite a few ISP through the years... some of them (the older ones, mostly) are still public servants, but most are of the paramilitary school; a bunch of Ranger wannabees, JBTs who pretty much consider themselves smarter and more competent than your lowlife civilians. I could go on, but I think you get the hint.

    And people wonder why I left IL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate writing anything bad about any cops. Most are great. I find it amazing that so many are pro-gun for citizens; they deserve a special thanks. The State of Illinois just goes out the way to paint everyone as criminals. I guess the ISP troopers are just following orders... since I am a taxpayer, I believe I have a say in the matter.

    Yep, you moving from Illinois is an ultimate boycott!

    Take care,

    Zack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Texas,
    Someday I want to make a pilgrimage to Oshkosh, Winconsin for the EAA Fly-in. If I'm going to be that close to the Field Museum in Chicago I may have to take my chances. I really want to see U-505 if it's still there.
    Saddly we are having the same problem nuisance stops here. My wife and I were pulled over because we had a tempory tag (current) on our vehicle. This happened twice fairly late at night in a month. Once comming home from a Wrtiers Guide meeting in a town about 50 miles from the Ranch. The second was when we were returning from a meeting in Austin with Producers interested in using some of our equipment on a TV pilot.
    Everything was in order for both stops. I can promiss you if my wife is with me I'm not speeding. Like Zack, I am pro law enforcement but this was nothing but an excuse to shine flash lights in my face and talk tough. On both occassions we were questioned about what we were doing so far from home that late at night. One of the first survival skills I learned was not rising to bate offered by the guy with the badge and gun, so I didn't say any of the dozens of things that wouldn't have helped, fighting to get out. In both cases an excuse was found to give me a warning ticket but it was CYA minor junk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too respect police, most are great. However, in my opinion, as this entire comment is my opinion, the occasional bad apple, the guys who asks you if you want a ticket and then makes things up and thinks he's penalizing you. The sad part is I make more in a day what the ISP Napoleon complex makes in a week and he uses his ounce of power, what a joke. Too bad the jackass is known for his incompetence as I know troopers that know him and they say he's bad news. Don't move from Illinois, file official complaints. Once they get enough of them they have to be acted upon. The sad little man also has a civil rights case that's pending against him in Federal Court! I hope he loses his pension AND get a nice cell mate. What a disgrace to the real troopers. :)

    ReplyDelete

*AGGREGATOR* -NEWS-WEATHER-SPORTS-OPINION-SCIENCE-TECH-RELIGION-POLITICS-GUNS-HUMOR-ENTERTAINMENT-

This Blog's most viewed posts during the past week

This Blog's most viewed posts during the past month

This Blog's most viewed posts during the past year

This Blog's Most Popular Posts of All Time


'We the Politicians of the United States, in Order to avoid a more perfect Union, manipulate Justice, destroy domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common offense, promote general Warfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty for ourselves and our Progeny, do blaspheme and eviscerate this Constitution of the United States of America." ("Zack," circa 1966 -1970)
Please consider RECURRING UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS of ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL POLITICIANS (including but not limited to school records, acquaintances, employment history, Social Media, financial, drug, and psychiatric screenings). Please consider TERM LIMITS; political power corrupts.