The Preacherman said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to shoot." The Gunslinger said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a Bible and learn how to pray."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLOG TRIGGER WARNING: "OMG! OMG! Guns have triggers!" Well, so do NORK NUKES. Better waddle on over to your safe place and assume the position.

REQUISITE BLOG DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country-miles away from your tastes and your needs. Any products, places, and / or whatnots that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, freebies, products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or any flavor of sexual favor for doing any review.

EU TRACKING COOKIE NOTICE: Google bakes those scrumptious cookies and everything Google cooks usually means something related is up for sale. We appreciate our many visitors from inside and outside of the USA and feel obligated to mention that YOUR RESPECTIVE GOVERNMENTS MAY KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE and they may not approve of you perusing the blog entries regarding GUNS ... KNIVES ... SELF-DEFENSE ... CORRUPT POLITICIANS ... SELF-SERVING ROGUE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ... GOVERNMENT SPYING ON CITIZENS ... Human Rights ... Freedom of Speech ... Life ... Liberty ... Pursuit of Happiness ... all that kind of stuff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 7, 2013

HP Pavilion g7-2217cl with Windows 8 and IE-10 NOT RECOMMENDED


While it works okay via an Ethernet cable to the router, the Wi-Fi just plain sucks.  Sometimes it connects, most of the time it fails.  On the rare occasions that it does connect, more often than not it loses the Internet connection or moves slower than a 300-baud modem.

I’ve worked on Microsoft products since the beginning; I am not a novice.  I’ve owned more PC and laptop brands than I care to remember.  I updated every piece of software (and drivers) and I’ve run every diagnostic.  I’ve Googled the web for answers and all I find is a large group of people with the same problem(s) and no fix.  This has been a big waste of time and money.  Bill Gates should go out, purchase a few of these laptops, and see for himself what a wonderful piece of crap Windows 8 truly is.

In case you are wondering, my wife’s old Toshiba (with the broken hinges) on Windows 7 still works fine on the Wi-Fi, as does my MacBook Pro.  Something is hinky in Windows 8 and my best advice is to avoid it as you would a syphilitic blind date.


No comments: