Saturday, June 7, 2014

FINALLY went shooting


Not my best effort with the Glock-26, but it has been a while; a much longer time than I will publicly admit.   I will never be one of those gunslingers who can take a G26 and put fifty-rounds at twenty-one-feet into an area the size of a Post-It-Note.  I found that practice makes me better but not perfect.  Right now, I would settle for better.  I was in a hurry and probably spent less than fifteen-minutes inside the range; I spent more time loading magazines than pulling the trigger.  My stance and grip were laborious and unnatural.  Still, the session was a good restarting point for me.

I need to get back to shooting no less than once a month.  If construction-cost-overruns do not bankrupt the owners, a new range is supposed to open soon less than a mile from my door; the proximity will make quick range visits easier to keep on my schedule.


4 comments:

Crustyrusty said...

At least you hit paper, which is probably better than I could get right about now. I hate pistol. Gimme a rifle any time.

As far as the new range goes, it could be cost overruns, or zoning issues... you do live in the PR Illinois after all.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Good to hear from you again! How ya been?

IEPA has made range construction and operation quite expensive. Kinda makes me think Illinois government is trying to legislate them out of existence, but I could be wrong ;)

Crustyrusty said...

We're doing OK, just extremely busy with work, preps, and children, and not necessarily in that order :-)

I got lucky, our property has a clear 100 yard section that is perfect for shooting. If I could only get a hold of more ammo, I'd be unstoppable LOL

Wilson said...

Good for you. I try to go at least once a month or find my skill quickly fading.