05/01/2024 - BLOG COMMENTS are allowed and are moderated to exclude only the bots, advertisements, racial / ethnic pejoratives, and embedded links. I'll attempt to honor Chicago's historical "Bughouse Square" concept of free-speech and open debate --- spanning the curve from the far-left to the far-right. /JZ
Blogging to you from the Northeastern Badlands of The County of Lake, in the state currently known as Fatmanistan, DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP inside the heartland of the Banana Republic formerly known as the USA, WELCOME TO THE NEXT CHAPTER! WARNING! ALL FORMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA ARE ADDICTIVE; EXCESSIVE USE MAY LEAD TO MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS, REDUCED JOB PRODUCTIVITY, INSOMNIA, SOCIAL ALIENATION, GENITAL ULCERS, BLINDNESS, POLITICAL EROTICISM, AND / OR DEVIANT FUNAMBULISM. NOTICE: NO GUNS OR AMMUNITION ARE FOR SALE VIA THIS BLOG. (No, I will not trade my Colt Python for some lubricious adventures with your trophy wife and a future first-round draft pick.) CAVEAT: This blog is not suitable for viewing while at work, while inside a public library, while inside any public or private school, or while inside any public or private restroom. Do not view this blog while driving a motor vehicle or while piloting an aircraft. Viewing this blog may be illegal inside the EU, NYC, Chicago, Seattle, and other parts of the Third World. THIS BLOG CONTAINS (albeit often very childish) ADULT-CONTENT. DISCLAIMER: This blog is a hobby, it is not a livelihood. Even though much of what I blog about relates to firearms collecting and recreational shooting, I am not an expert (by any measure) on any facet of guns, shooting, hunting, or personal defense. Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats or post hunt bourbon-fueled barroom-bluster; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be rugged-country-miles away from your tastes and your needs. All products, places, and miscellany that I review for this blog are purchased / rented / leased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, freebies, products on loan, distilled spirits, recreational pharmaceuticals, plea-bargains, probation, parole, Papal Blessings, Presidential Pardons, or sexual favors for doing any review or blog post. TRACKING COOKIES: Google et al stick tracking cookies on everybody. If you are online, you are being spied on via one method or another, for one reason or another; 'nuff said. You may be able to minimize your online DNA residue by using Tor and Duck Duck Go. Vive la liberté! Vive all y'all! Ante omnia armari. To each of you, thanks for stopping by!

Friday, June 29, 2018

Monthly Weigh-in 06/29/2018 = 210 lbs

Yesterday (and on the couple of days prior) the bathroom scale confirmed that my weight is down 5 lbs from a month ago ... that is a total loss of 15 lbs so far this year.  Although 210 lbs is still too much lard for me to be lugging around at my age (my vanity insists it is still too early for me to be categorized as being in my late sixties, "I'm only mid-sixties, dammit!"), I celebrated this dieting milestone by having walleye and asparagus at one of our finer local restaurants (the bowl of chicken and dumplings that was included was nearly a diet buster but was too devilishly delicious for me to push aside).  We then went to the local mega-mall to stroll off some calories and found that we durn near had the place to ourselves ... very few customers ... or mall walkers.  The place used to attract the (ahem) oldster crowd of health walkers ... the only signs of old-timers doing any mall walking that I saw last night was when I caught my reflection in a store window.  

The mega-mall sometimes has physical activities for the youngsters too, as shown HERE and HERE, but I prefer the quieter moments.

I spent most of year 2017 at this weight (210 lbs) and only suffered moderate discomfort, but when I porked up to 225 lbs earlier this year I suffered through the excruciating reminders about how dangerous my weight can get.  It's no longer an option; I can't treat this as a hobby; serious calorie counting is now a rule.   






I toast the simple pleasures.   





6 comments:

  1. One meal does not a diet break. I think you have it down that this is a lifestyle thing. You also understand the feasting is a part of fellowship. I had a blowout this week but it was with my wife, daughter and first grandchild. I feel no guilt because I had six other controlled days.

    I wish I could get to 210. I hit 211 once and looked like an unhealthy scarecrow.

    Isn't it nice the way clothes start to fit again.

    Grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I tell ya that little bowl of chicken and dumplings had to contain at least 1500 calories alone; wow, it was good. Wife and I used to have a restaurant designated for each day of the week ... now we dine out maybe twice a week at most. Wife is a type 2 diabetic ... heredity ... everyone in her skinny ass family has it or will get it.

    I do understand what you said about fellowship ... the birthdays and graduation fests made the month of June especially challenging for dieting ... moments that I wouldn't trade for anything.

    You must be taller than I am ... I don't have much altitude from the soles of my feet to the top of my noggin.

    Yep, I have old clothes folded and racked in the closet waiting for me to skinny back down. I hope to wear them all out ;)

    Thanks for stopping in. I appreciate ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walleye - fantastic meal!! Keep up the willpower. I've gone up and down the scale too at various times, from 210 down to 180, which is where I feel the best. At 190 now...gotta drop those extra ten lbs. For me...it's those darn chocolate Ho-Ho's I keep in the freezer. Oh, how I can make a meal with 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh jeez I can remember the first time I weighed in at 180 and thought to myself "man, you are getting fat." Little did I know the road I was on. Could be worse I suppose ...

    That walleye was fresh ... farm raised ... the restaurant owner doesn't do freezer burnt fillets. Great place, and affordable (or I sure wouldn't be there ;)

    LOL @ chocolate Ho-Ho's ... yeah, I hear them calling ...

    Take care man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zack, if you ever find yourself traveling to MN and the Twin City area, 1) email me ahead of time and 2) we'll have fresh walleye at this casual but fantastic restaurant called Tavern on Grand. Their walleye sounds just like what you had. Fresh, not frozen walleye. And I'll bring some freezer-stored Ho Ho's too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there David! Sounds great! Will do.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

*AGGREGATOR* -NEWS-WEATHER-SPORTS-OPINION-SCIENCE-TECH-RELIGION-POLITICS-GUNS-HUMOR-ENTERTAINMENT-

This Blog's most viewed posts during the past week

This Blog's most viewed posts during the past month

This Blog's most viewed posts during the past year

This Blog's Most Popular Posts of All Time


'We the Politicians of the United States, in Order to avoid a more perfect Union, manipulate Justice, destroy domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common offense, promote general Warfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty for ourselves and our Progeny, do blaspheme and eviscerate this Constitution of the United States of America." ("Zack," circa 1966 -1970)
Please consider RECURRING UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS of ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL POLITICIANS (including but not limited to school records, acquaintances, employment history, Social Media, financial, drug, and psychiatric screenings). Please consider TERM LIMITS; political power corrupts.