Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Under the weather 2/7/2012



I don’t believe that I get sick very often, but I don’t have any way to measure or reference my past health other than by my memory, which does contend that February is the month when I am most likely to become miserably sick.  I rarely go to the doctor when I get sick; I just tough it out until the cold, flu, allergy, or combination thereof passes.  Today ends week-number-one of what started off as a non-fever head cold, which turned into a full-fever head cold, which evolved into a head cold enhanced by a chest cold.  If I recall correctly, this can hang on for another week or more.  The fever broke after a couple of days so there is some chance that I am on the mend.  I canceled my annual eyeball inspection that was scheduled for tomorrow.  Contingent on my feeling less contagious next week, the exam was rescheduled for next Wednesday.


3 comments:

Jason said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
Being sick ain't no fun. Hope you get better quick.

Steve said...

Heh. Amused that you were able to reschedule so quickly. I needed to schedule a pilot's physical today, and the earliest I could get in was late April. Same is true of my GP; I schedule my next physical when I'm there to be sure I can get an appointment.

Take care of yourself and get to feeling better!