------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Preacherman said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to shoot." The Gunslinger said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a Bible and learn how to pray."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS BLOG CONTAINS (ALBEIT OFTEN VERY CHILDISH) ADULT-CONTENT.

BLOG TRIGGER WARNING: "OMG! OMG! Guns have triggers!" Well, so do NORK NUKES. Better waddle on over to your safe place and assume the kissin' position.

REQUISITE BLOG DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country-miles away from your tastes and your needs. Any products, places, and / or whatnots that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, freebies, products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or any flavor of sexual favor for doing any review.

EU TRACKING COOKIE NOTICE: Google bakes those scrumptious cookies and everything Google cooks usually means something related is up for sale. We appreciate our many visitors from inside and outside of the USA and feel obligated to mention that YOUR RESPECTIVE GOVERNMENTS MAY KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE and they may not approve of you perusing the blog entries regarding GUNS ... KNIVES ... SELF-DEFENSE ... CORRUPT POLITICIANS ... SELF-SERVING ROGUE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ... GOVERNMENT SPYING ON CITIZENS ... Human Rights ... Freedom of Speech ... Life ... Liberty ... Pursuit of Happiness ... war isn't peace ... slavery isn't freedom ... ignorance is weakness ... daring to question everything and everyone ... all that kind of stuff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bullet Design and Semi-Auto Pistol Reliability

.
Some emails that I receive pertain to pistol reliability problems. This is one of the countless topics where I have opinions but no expertise. Of course, there can always be a mechanical problem with a pistol or its magazine, but the overall cartridge length and bullet shape can be contributory. Some pistols are forgiving while others are finicky. What you feed them can make a difference.

CLICK HERE for the best article I have yet read on the subject.

Although posted on his 38 Super website, this Brad Miller article is NOT specific to the .38 Super; it addresses issues pertaining to semi-automatic pistols of all calibers. It is well worth the read for any pistolero.

.

2 comments:

Glenn B said...

I don't have the time now and hope I remember to come back later to read the article but I will say this: No matter what design of bullet, copper jacketed, semi-jacketed, lead nose or whatever substance and no matter the shape - my Beretta 92 series pistols have fed the bullet reliably with very few (and I do mean rare) feeding problems. The next best in my expereince for feeding anything are the glocks but they do not come close to the Berettas.

All the best,
Glenn B

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Hi Glenn, thanks for peeking in. I don't have near your expertise of experience, but I also don't recall ever having a feed problem (with any load)with my Beretta 92 (sold long ago when I was poor and needed money), my Glocks, or (so far) my Sig-239. They sure are making pistols omnivorous nowadays.

Take care,

Zack