The Preacher said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to use it."


DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country miles away from your tastes and needs. Any products, places, and / or doodads that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, "freebies," products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or sexual favors of any flavor for doing any review.
COOKIES IN USE: NOTICE TO VISITORS FROM ABROAD: We appreciate our many vistors from outside the USA. I feel obligated to mention that your government may not approve of you stopping by here to peruse the blog entries regarding GUNS. This here Internet thing is not about freedom for any of us; the Internet is about amassing unimaginable wealth for corporate giants. Insofar as governments, foreign or domestic, the Internet is all about surveillance and control. No matter where any of us choose to surf the web, there are always sharks in the water.


NOTICE: To all y'all,

The year 2017 has been and will continue to be extraordinarily CHALLENGING and BUSY for me. Blog entries will likely be even more infrequent than usual until all projects and issues are completed or resolved.

Thanks for stopping by. I really do appreciated it.

Best wishes,

Zack



Monday, January 17, 2011

Must maintain fiscal discipline… do not buy… do not buy…

.

Are Baby Boomers selling off their gun collections? For the past year or so, I have noticed a wave of cool old firearms hitting the store shelves. I sure would like to add this one to the rack… along with a dozen or so other available classic goodies, but since I too am a Boomer Baby with geezerdom hot on my heels… it just isn’t the correct thing for me to do at this stage of my life.



Gosh, that sure is a purty old revolver… S&W Model 57 .41 Magnum…

Bye forever my love, we could have been so good for each other…

.

6 comments:

Borepatch said...

Aw, man! That's sweet, even with the goofy chambering.

THE FISHING MUSICIAN said...

I can't afford it right now, but just out of curiosity, what were/are they asking for it?

Looks NIB. Is it?

My weakness and downfall will be a 2.5" Model 19/66 with the "right trigger" and a round butt. There won't be no saying no when I find that right trigger.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

LOL@Borepatch

Goofy chambering? Harumph!

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

$900 and no negotiating... add on the 7% Illinois sales tax and it is a bit too dear for me.

I'd have to guess "lightly fired." The cylinder has marks from being turned often; the colors on the hammer and trigger look clean. It is one of the nicest 57s I have seen in a while.

If I run across a 2.5'' Model 19 I'll give you a holler.

Jason said...

That is a thing of beauty and they definitely don't make them like that anymore. That said, that price seems a little steep, even in today's market.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

I would have felt better if it languished on the store shelf for a few months, but as of yesterday I found that someone ran off with my true love...