------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Preacherman said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to shoot." The Gunslinger said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a Bible and learn how to pray."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS BLOG CONTAINS (ALBEIT OFTEN VERY CHILDISH) ADULT-CONTENT.

BLOG TRIGGER WARNING: "OMG! OMG! Guns have triggers!" Well, so do NORK NUKES. Better waddle on over to your safe place and assume the kissin' position.

REQUISITE BLOG DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country-miles away from your tastes and your needs. Any products, places, and / or whatnots that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, freebies, products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or any flavor of sexual favor for doing any review.

EU TRACKING COOKIE NOTICE: Google bakes those scrumptious cookies and everything Google cooks usually means something related is up for sale. We appreciate our many visitors from inside and outside of the USA and feel obligated to mention that YOUR RESPECTIVE GOVERNMENTS MAY KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE and they may not approve of you perusing the blog entries regarding GUNS ... KNIVES ... SELF-DEFENSE ... CORRUPT POLITICIANS ... SELF-SERVING ROGUE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ... GOVERNMENT SPYING ON CITIZENS ... Human Rights ... Freedom of Speech ... Life ... Liberty ... Pursuit of Happiness ... all that kind of stuff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 14, 2011

Possible Smith & Wesson revolver internal lock failure caught on video

.

SnubTraining.com has the story. The videos are compelling. S&W will have the final word after examining the revolver.

.

3 comments:

THE FISHING MUSICIAN said...

Sir, I had a lock up several months ago with a used Taurus Titanium .44 Special.

By all rights, it should have been a great gun, but after the first round, I could not draw the hammer back beyond the mid point. I did not "short stroke" the return of the trigger. I'm a very experienced snubnose and revolver shooter. I tried numerous times to fire the gun via DAO, and the hammer/trigger would not proceed beyond the midway point. Nor could I cock it single action.

I ultimately had to release the cylinder, which took some effort, inspected and replaced the cartridges, and proceeded to fire off five consecutive rounds. There were no primer or cartridge swells.

The gun had one of those infernal internal locks.

None of my guns have these locks. I don't know if the lock was to blame, but the gunsmith who looked at it didn't see anything structurally wrong with it.

It's gone.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Thanks for that insight! It is always nice to have a perspective from someone with experience.

I will never own a revolver with an internal lock. I just don't like the idea of them being there... I like them even less after hearing about these failures.

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
I got my Smith&Wesson Model 10 the week I turned 21. In the 30+ years that followed I have put thousands of rounds through it. It has only jammed once, but it did jam.