Thursday, May 19, 2016

So far this year I have been to the shooting range once a month


I only made one New Year's resolution.   Even with that modest goal, it is hard to get motivated; shooting just isn't as much fun as it used to be.  It is nice to have a range within minutes of the house; other than cleaning the gun(s) afterwards, it does not take much work.  Still, the thrill has turned shrill.  This business of getting old is really getting old.

Maybe next month I'll take a couple of booming big bore revolvers out for some exercise; that usually plants a grin on my mug.








2 comments:

Elizabeth Hanson said...

Oh no! What happened? I hope that it becomes fun again . . . It is annoying to get everything together to go. I never realized how lucky I was to grow up in the country and be able to shoot at home. Now I have to go to a range. Also I shoot black powder and its the cleaning that I don't enjoy.

Wilson said...

Going shooting every month is a New Years resolution of mine every year but I never quite make it. Hope you have better luck!