Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sold four bricks (2,000 rounds) of .22 Long Rifle ammunition today to a local gun store

They needed the ammo far more than I did and offered a fair price.  Availability is low and prices are ridiculously high compared to a few short years ago.  That leaves me with around 6,000 rounds of L.R. still on the raft.  I’m tempted to unload all but two or three bricks (locally; this chitchat blog entry is not a solicitation for online offers).

The most often that I will be going to the range will be once a month (if they EVER get that new local range open) and I usually practice with centerfire ammo.  There no longer is any place around here for me to hunt with a .22 rifle (or a shotgun for that matter).  The older I get the less inclined I am to lay in supplies that would last me for the years when “SHTF.”

How much ammo is enough?  Darned if I know. 


1 comment:

Pumice said...

I hear you on the stockpiling. Unless there is a massive civil war soon I have enough to last long past my funeral.

I still struggle with a concern for running out.

Grace and peace.