The Preacher said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to use it."

DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country miles away from your tastes and needs. Any products, places, and / or doodads that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, "freebies," products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or sexual favors of any flavor for doing any review.
COOKIES IN USE: NOTICE TO VISITORS FROM ABROAD: We appreciate our many vistors from outside the USA. I feel obligated to mention that your government may not approve of you stopping by here to peruse the blog entries regarding GUNS. This here Internet thing is not about freedom for any of us; the Internet is about amassing unimaginable wealth for corporate giants. Insofar as governments, foreign or domestic, the Internet is all about surveillance and control. No matter where any of us choose to surf the web, there are always sharks in the water.

NOTICE: To all y'all,

The year 2017 has been and will continue to be extraordinarily CHALLENGING and BUSY for me. Blog entries will likely be even more infrequent than usual until all projects and issues are completed or resolved.

Thanks for stopping by. I really do appreciated it.

Best wishes,

Zack

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A very nice email from a retired Michigan State Trooper

.
(Posted with permission)

I stumbled across your site today, and was delighted with your articles and photos of guns. Many of our personal tastes in firearms overlap, but I suppose it's difficult not to enjoy solid classics. I'm a retired MI state trooper and am currently a firearms/personal defense instructor. Although most folks show up at range sessions with currently-produced handguns, I'm always happiest when somebody breaks out "Grandpa's gun.” I've seen war-trophy Walthers, Lugers, and Tokarevs, as well as military-issue 1911s that came home with mustered-out doughboys. My recent favorite was a Colt Pocket Positive in .32 S&W Long that was alleged to have been the carry weapon of a Purple Gang associate. The client was an elderly lady and had never known her mother even owned a firearm. She didn't find about her parents having operated a speak-easy during Prohibition until after her mother's death. What can be cooler than finding your stodgy old parents had colorful pasts?

I used to have a patrol partner at the Detroit Freeway Post who carried a Colt hammerless Officer's .380 as an off-duty/backup handgun. He still carries it as a retirement piece, and he could have chosen much worse. I prefer the Remington m51 in .380, myself, but generally carry larger stuff despite being old and broken-down. The fact is, a lot of folks carry vintage handguns and are very well served by them.

Please keep up the good work, your site is very enjoyable.

Take care,

Mike Stamm, Paw Paw MI

.

1 comment:

James R. Rummel said...

He is right. Your work is very enjoyable, and you should keep it up.