DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I have no opinion on what you should / should not purchase or what you should be using / doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country miles away from your tastes and needs. Any products, places, and / or thingies that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, "freebies," products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or sexual favors (of any flavor) for doing any review.
The Preacher said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to use it."


NOTICE:
To all y'all,

The year 2017 has been and will continue to be extraordinarily CHALLENGING and BUSY for me. Blog entries will likely be even more infrequent than usual until all projects and issues are completed or resolved.

Thanks for stopping by. I really do appreciated it.

Best wishes,

Zack



Sunday, September 5, 2010

Two years of abstinence

It has been two years without smoke. I don’t miss cigarettes (none since 1997) but I do get real itchy-tingly whenever I drive by a cigar store.

Click HERE for last year’s progress report.

Should I live to have an eightieth birthday, my family is to arrange for me to resume my self-destructive habits of smoking, drinking, and over-eating. Until then, I will do my level best to behave.

4 comments:

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
The only time I ever smoked was on old west film sets. The dirrectors all but begged any extras, or reenactor in my case, to do so. I got a pipe from my Grandfathers collection and would light it up. Even my doctor agreed that perhaps ten pipes a year wouldn't hurt me.

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

Heh... a dream job where we are paid to smoke... and drink... and eat...

You have a good handle on moderation... some of us don't ;)

Glenn B said...

I quite smoking 21 years ago and still crave them now and again. I smoked em all - cigarettes, cigars and pipes. Despite having a craving now and again, I really do not miss em except maybe when I realize I gained about 40 pounds or more since I quit.

All the bst,
GB

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

21 years with no smoke?! Glenn, that is awesome!