The Preacherman says, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to shoot." The Gunman says, "My advice to you is to get yourself a Bible and learn how to pray."

DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country miles away from your tastes and needs. Any products, places, and / or doodads that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, "freebies," products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or sexual favors of any flavor for doing any review. COOKIES IN USE: We appreciate our many visitors from inside and outside the USA and feel obligated to mention that your respective governments may not approve of you stopping by here to peruse the blog entries regarding GUNS.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Thank you North American Arms for the great service



Service is still par excellence with select U.S. corporations.

My early vintage (serial number begins with AA) NAA Guardian.32 ACP inappropriately dropped the mag recently (an old, well known issue with the mag release on the early AA and AB serial pistols), so I figured it was high time that I called the factory to arrange a fix.  Historically, this problem was experienced mostly with the extended-capacity mags, and mags with the finger extensions; I only use standard mags so it took years for me to experience an unintended mag drop.   I should have taken preventive action years ago, but I procrastinated. The fix is easy, painless, and free to the gun owner thanks to the generosity of North American Arms; they give you the needed part and even cover the postage.  

I called NAA Customer Service during the morning of Wednesday September 10, 2014 and the replacement magazine release was in my mailbox today, Friday September 12, 2014.  Faster than I could say “Thanks NAA!” and “Thanks U.S. Postal Service!” I had the old mag release out and the new one installed.

The new mag release does feel like it has a stronger spring and the pushbutton has more travel before the mag releases. 

EDIT:  Just how do you swap out the mag release on the NAA Guardian?  It is the same as swapping one on the Colt Government Model.





No comments: