------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Gunslinger said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a Holy Book, then learn how to pray."
The Preacherman said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun, then learn how to shoot."
The Politician said, "My advice to you is to get yourself free of superstitions and weapons, then learn how to obey."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS BLOG CONTAINS (ALBEIT OFTEN VERY CHILDISH) ADULT-CONTENT.

BLOG TRIGGER WARNING: "OMG! OMG! Guns have triggers!" Well, yeah, but so do NORK NUKES. It's best that you waddle on over to your safe space and assume the kissin' position.

REQUISITE BLOG DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I offer no opinion on what you should or should not purchase, or what you should be using or doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country-miles away from your tastes and your needs. Any products, places, and / or whatnots that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, freebies, products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or any flavor of sexual favor for doing any review.

EU TRACKING COOKIE NOTICE: Google bakes those scrumptious cookies and everything Google cooks up means something related is up for sale. We appreciate our many visitors from inside and outside of the USA and feel obligated to mention that YOUR RESPECTIVE GOVERNMENTS MAY KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE and they may not approve of you perusing the blog entries regarding GUNS ... KNIVES ... SELF-DEFENSE ... CORRUPT POLITICIANS ... SELF-SERVING ROGUE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ... GOVERNMENT SPYING ON CITIZENS ... Human Rights ... Freedom of Speech ... Life ... Liberty ... Pursuit of Happiness ... War isn't Peace ... Slavery isn't Freedom ... Ignorance is Weakness ... Daring to Question Everything and Everyone ... all that crazy subversive kind of stuff that worries the dictatorial elite.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, July 12, 2015

NO CONCEALED CARRY ALLOWED at Waukegan's GTR Sporting Club Grand Opening


Who would have guessed?  Why didn't GTR Sporting Club post the event's prohibition of concealed carry on their website or on their Facebook page?

I suppose it is ever possible that an unforeseen issue developed with local government after the event got underway.  Concealed carry was not a problem when I stopped in at the shooting range's Grand Opening for a short time on Friday morning; I breezed by security without incident.  I skipped the festivities on Saturday so I have no idea what they did about concealed carry for that day. When I stopped in sometime around 11:00am on Sunday, a security guard met me at the "gate" and asked if I was carrying; I answered "yes" and, as a courtesy, presented him with my FOID and Illinois Concealed Carry License.  He then explained that, due the fact that they were serving beer for the event, I would have to lock my handgun in my car.  When I explained that I did not drink (i.e., I had no intention of being in the "beer garden" area), he said that did not matter.  Not wishing to escalate a situation, I complied, entered, and sat inside by the "gate" to see what happened to other entrants.  There were only a very few attendees on Sunday between 11:00am and shortly after noon when I was there; I saw two men and one women indignantly blow off the security guard's questions and strut on through.  Other folks simply said they were not carrying; nobody's word was challenged.

IMHO, if it was at all possible to do so, GTR Sporting Club should have announced this prohibition of concealed carry well beforehand.  Knowing what I do now, in the future I will not be attending any of their special events.

When it opens for business, I feel fairly safe in assuming that GTR Sporting Club's newly completed barroom (lounge) will be a prohibited area and that all members and guests will be asked to disarm and lock their handguns in their cars before entering.  I would also assume (and I could be wrong on this) that this would not affect concealed carry for members and guests who just want to use the shooting range.