DISCLAIMER: Entries at this blog are akin to good old-fashioned campfire chats; I have no opinion on what you should / should not purchase or what you should be using / doing. What does or does not work for me could be many country miles away from your tastes and needs. Any products, places, and / or thingies that I review for this blog are purchased at retail price by me. I do not accept payment, gifts, discounts, "freebies," products on loan, demon alcohol, drugs, probation, parole, Presidential Pardons, or sexual favors (of any flavor) for doing any review.
The Preacher said, "My advice to you is to get yourself a gun and learn how to use it."


Sunday, September 16, 2012

It is again Cub Scout Popcorn time!




I believe it was three years ago when I first saw a Cub Scout trundling a cart of assorted popcorn goodies around our neighborhood.  If my memory serves me, I was good for a purchase of somewhere around $60.  If a scout came to my door last year, I missed him, but I found a Scout and his family hawking their wares outside of a Sam’s Club; I was good for somewhere around $36 then.  Today a Cub Scout and his Mom were canvasing the neighborhood and I enthusiastically hit them up for another $ 36 replenishment of my larder.  It is good quality food and it is for a great cause.

Yeah, I am a sentimental old fuddy duddy.  When I see a Scout, I see the past, the present, and the future of the true America.  Nobody can ever take that away from me.


2 comments:

Pumice said...

I have never seen them. I will try to get out of condition white and into yellow.

Grace and peace.

Arthur B. Burnett said...

Greetings from Texas,
If there is a downside to living in the boonies it is the lack of kids going door to door selling goodies. I've never been much for girl scout cookies, but I LOVE popcorn.